Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wilson Parking - a joke?

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Yes they crooks. Had a few issues with them over the years, getting stung full price despite booking specials on line. I used to drive into the city everyday and park. They were the only ones we had issues with. When you ring them up, they piss and moan like they are doing you a favour and they used to take ages to process refunds. We simply don't park in their carparks now. Secure Parking much better.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
We have $10 a day all day parking in the City of Perth carparks, we have a few Wilsons, we use them only because they are convenient in the city, right next door to Myres.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Almost as expensive as parking at the hospital carparks

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I had a run in with them earlier this year in the Central carpark. Used the app and it debited my apple pay, and my CC as well when I used my card as entry/exit.

Logged an online complaint, and crickets...... not even acknowledgement of the enquiry let alone any kind of refund for the double dip.

if you are going to use the Wilson app, try adding promo code AFCSTAFF - gives me $10.50 early bird at Adelaide Central.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I have no complaints about them.
Last year, just at the right time for COVID lockdown, we hired a car and parked it at Princes Wharf, Auckland.
Could not get the ticket machine to work, so asked a local ....... "yeah, bro, do this, this, this and this .....,ahh, it's not working, better ring them."
Ring, ring ... no answer. Same result a few hours later, and repeat. So stuff 'em, leave the car where it is, and ignore the consequences.
3 days later, on a refugee flight out of NZ.
6 months later, got a refund of unused car hire, and nothing from Wilsons.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There was some bad press in NZ during the first Covid lockdown, people been charged for carparks they couldn't use so maybe you benefited from that?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
^^^ We got back to Aus on 20 Mar 20, just at the start of closed borders etc, so that could have well have been the case.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Last time I used a Wilson's in Adelaide, it would not let me out. Used card to scan in and it would not let me out.
Pressed the intercom button and spoke to the guy and told him my card won't work and then he opened the boom gate as there was about 5 cars behind me.
I did realize later I used a different card when going in and scanning my other card would not let me out. :p

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Just a another customer being screwed over !
Your just another Number in the list to them,

If you wish to place a complaint, please take a Number !!! And please wait in the Kew,
Yes, the FARKEW !!!