Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wind noise drivers door

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Hi Thumpin,

My understanding the self sealing tailgate for the sportswagen came on line around the last 6 months of VE production. My VF is very quiet and some wind noise is audible at 110km/h and only become a little noticeable at 135km/h. The engine is usually not really noticeable unless it is doing 4000rpm or more. As it is a V6 the std exhaust note is rather sickly but I suppose this is the expected from a factory setup and it is a calais V as well.

GJMarlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
SS wind noise

My SSV redline is a great car but I have an annoying amount of wind noise right above my ear. Sounds like it it around the top rear corner of the drivers door.
Going to the dealer next week but want to know if anyone else has the problem or any ideas on fixes.
Thx

Hey goodluck with that. We brought a brand new holden commodore SS. As soon as we got home we rang the dealer to tell them about the wind noise. Have been getting extremely frustrated how we have been delt with. Long story short the problem has not been fixed although the poor service man is doing everything he possibly can and its not his fault. After picking the car up for the 5th time since February and it still wasn't right we have given them the car telling them we do not want it back until its fixed. Its been in there for 2 weeks now and we have not had one phone call...... I suppose its time to hassle them again!! Brought in Feb its now nearly June. Also having problems with the airconditing all of a sudden it goes from warm air to cold air.
Really hope you have had more success than us its so disappointing to buy a brand new car and to have these problems then been told its just the characteristics of the car!!

Wolfzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Hey Duaned same problem with my drivers door as well going for its first service next week and tell the dealer to fix it I hope (I did have tint done at the dealership before picked up the car) that could be the issue.
Also my Robo-Fab turned up today (carbon fiber) let you know how it went.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
New seal is due out in about 2 months time for drivers door. They put a ve one on my vf temporarily. The machine that makes then went out of tolerance

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
New seal is due out in about 2 months time for drivers door. They put a ve one on my vf temporarily. The machine that makes then went out of tolerance

Is there a tech bulletin I can quote to my dealer on this?

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Is there a tech bulletin I can quote to my dealer on this?

No idea what that is so I couldn't tell you. I was in a month or two ago complaining of wind noise from driver door. They fitted a ve door seal temporarily to help the situation and I was informed the company that makes the seals didn't check the tolerances on the machine and they had size problems and a new seal was coming out in 3 months roughly so it would be about a month or two away for the new seal going by what I was told.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Hey Duaned same problem with my drivers door as well going for its first service next week and tell the dealer to fix it I hope (I did have tint done at the dealership before picked up the car) that could be the issue.
Also my Robo-Fab turned up today (carbon fiber) let you know how it went.

That's cool. I had fitted a Walkinshaw OTR and tune today so I wont be buying a Rotofab. Thanks anyway.

Capt Baldman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon
Agree, just picked up my new ish VF SSV Wagon, door seems much noisier than the old VZ.
Holden dealer inspected and said....Normal.
While I'm at it, anyone else report tappet noise or engine knock on start when cold, dealer tells me "no abnormal noise's found", seems strange to me.

ta
CB

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Im getting the same noise on my vf redline. Seems to be coming from passager side some where. Ive have taken the car to holden 2 times about these issues, 1st time they blamed it on my exhaust and 2nd time they told me its normal while driving. I hear the wind noise from around 70km and over and any ideas where to check it or is there any type of business who can check it other then holden?