Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wind noise drivers door

DansSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series SV6
Having the same issue but only after I got the door sensor replaced (under warranty) the first time I got it back the door trim and window had a 3-4mm gap which was fixed the next day but there is still a lot more wind noise than there was before. It has been back twice since then the second time today and have been told that there is nothing they can do and that its normal and that I was just tuned into the noise! But it wasn't there before and the same noise isn't there on the passenger window or my friends SV6 of the same year. The car is three years old with low k's, I bought it new and I planned to keep it for at least another 5-6 years but this noise is annoying me to the point that I don't want to keep it. Is it worth complaining to Holden higher up than the dealership?

Michael Al

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve Commodore sv6 sidi 2 3.6L LFX
Im getting the same noise on my vf redline. Seems to be coming from passager side some where. Ive have taken the car to holden 2 times about these issues, 1st time they blamed it on my exhaust and 2nd time they told me its normal while driving. I hear the wind noise from around 70km and over and any ideas where to check it or is there any type of business who can check it other then holden?
Hey mate, this is defiantly a late response to your comment but I wonder if you found a fix for your issue with the wind noise coming from the passenger side. I got a similar issue were Holden staff guessed it would be the result of my passenger side door is twisted a bit and allowing air to enter from somewhere. If you have fixed it, can you please advise me how much did cost? and from where?

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
Hey mate, this is defiantly a late response to your comment but I wonder if you found a fix for your issue with the wind noise coming from the passenger side. I got a similar issue were Holden staff guessed it would be the result of my passenger side door is twisted a bit and allowing air to enter from somewhere. If you have fixed it, can you please advise me how much did cost? and from where?
Is that noise you have there all the time or is it only when the car does a certain speed?

Michael Al

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is that noise you have there all the time or is it only when the car does a certain speed?
Not all the time for sure, I tend to hear it when I'm on the highway doing 70 km/h+.

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
Not all the time for sure, I tend to hear it when I'm on the highway doing 70 km/h+.
I had a wind noise that appeared to come from the passenger side of the vehicle on my vf that I could share with you, but it seems your car is a VE. Is that the case?

Michael Al

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a wind noise that appeared to come from the passenger side of the vehicle on my vf that I could share with you, but it seems your car is a VE. Is that the case?
Yeah, my car is a ve commodore. but maybe the solution would still help me knowing something. thanks

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

Sorry for the late response but no I haven't found a solution. I was told the passenger front door isn't flush with the door frame and could be the reason why we get this wind sound. I had my cousin tighten up the door latches but that didn't stop the noise.

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
do you have a sunroof? my vf calais does & i swore the noise was the door but it was the roof. i just live with it now.
ceers

mark streeton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais v 2014
My SSV redline is a great car but I have an annoying amount of wind noise right above my ear. Sounds like it it around the top rear corner of the drivers door.
Going to the dealer next week but want to know if anyone else has the problem or any ideas on fixes.
Thx
Did you have any luck with the wind noise? And what did you do to sort it Mine has got tints on the front Which were on it when I got it
Regards Mark

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Adjust the door striker in by about 2mm.
Mark you existing location points with a liquid chalk pen ($2 from OfficeJerks) It wipes off easy enough.

Treat the seals with a liberal coating of silicon paste ($6 from ) and let sit with doors open overnight. Wipe off remaining excess next day.

It might work for $10 and a bit of your time.