Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wind noise drivers door

mark streeton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais v 2014
Adjust the door striker in by about 2mm.
Mark you existing location points with a liquid chalk pen ($2 from OfficeJerks) It wipes off easy enough.

Treat the seals with a liberal coating of silicon paste ($6 from ) and let sit with doors open overnight. Wipe off remaining excess next day.

It might work for $10 and a bit of your time.
Thank you I'll give that a go

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Make sure you get silicone paste/grease and not silicone sealant. That won’t end well. :D

Herschels is the brand from memory.
Use some disposable gloves when applying it so it’s easy to clean up after. Gloves in the bin. Done.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Could it move out? It might have been a bit stuck. Make sure you’ve marked its position before you move it. Even some masking tape would be ok to mark where it was.

mark streeton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais v 2014
Could it move out? It might have been a bit stuck. Make sure you’ve marked its position before you move it. Even some masking tape would be ok to mark where it was.
That's an idea Thank you
I put the key in my coat pocket now as a couple of times one of the guys came up and said your boot is open Today it's raining and I get to the car push the button and it won't let me in So I fumble for the key and it's opened Second time that's happened Ya look like a right Charlie standing there in the rain trying to get in ya car We won't talk about the arguments I've had with that soppy cow about ringing someone