Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wind noise front windows sv6 wgn

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 sv6 Spotrswagon
i got holden slim line weather shields on both driver and passenger front windows of my sv6 wgn. Im now getting wind noise, on both windows when windows are fully closed. Has any one had a similar problem? Any suggestions? Cheers.:hmmm:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Take them off.

Alternatively (and I haven't had a close look at them) but if they're the kind that have the little screw-tabs and adhesive tape, make sure there's no gaps in the adhesive - if air gets in there, it will whistle like and old man with no teeth.

Aaron_ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 ssv sportwagon
The VE's arnt as bad as the VZ's for dripping water inside, i'd take them off

Bill44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 08 MY09
My VE is the first Commodore where I've not found them necessary, take them off.

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 sv6 Spotrswagon
Yeah may do. just got to see what would be the best way of taking of the 2 way adhesive without making a mess of the paint. cheers.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Careful with eucalyptus oil on paint - it can dull it as it softens paint - if you are going to use it, don't let it dwell on the paint very long. Personally I try to avoid it. 3M has an adhesive remover which is excellent but a bit hard to find. Supermarket goo remover can work as well. Best bet, as rusty said, is with the fishing line - however sometimes you can be lucky and the adhesive is not very old, and it will just peel off - and you're right with a wipe down with IPA. Paint cleaners tend not to do so well with adhesives. As they set, they can harden the adhesive and make it more difficult to remove. Whatever you do to the painted area, you'll need to apply a wax or sealant afterwords as any sort of adhesive remover will be more than strong enough to take the layer of protection with it.