Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

winding back dash cluster

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
winding dash's back is illegal mate
but...like most things it can be done but i dont think you will get much help on here

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
A VP cluster will work in a VN if you move 3 wires on connector 1.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
.... Umm ok...

Well if you dont move the wires the left indicator will not work (on the dash cluster) the engine warning light will not work and the other I forget off hand.

If the cluster part number starts with a "K" it's a VP cluster. If it starts with an "I" it will be a VN cluster

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I don't think it's illegal to wind a cluster back or forward as long as it is not to reduce the klm's of the car.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Sweet cuz I don't want to put one in with like 300000 km on it that would be gay

i think technically if your not an accredited business that does it professionally its illegal for you even to open your cluster... and rolling back your odometer is illegal even if its just to represent actual k's on your car.... whats the problem with your original one? cause it might be an easy fix with out messing with with odometer of another one... soldering the voltage regulator board and putting a new odometer cog pretty much fixes most problems on these...

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
FFS, just answer him. Get a needle stick it on the little legs on each number wheel from the front and carefully turn them. They'll click down fairly easily.