Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window buttons in centre console

Pcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Omega LPG
Hi Guys,

A while back someone was being silly in the front seat of the car, and leaned on their elbow right on top of the window switch panel in the centre console. I wasn't there at the time, and those who were are a bit coy about who exactly was responsible...

Anyway, the retaining clips on the front edge of the panel have come undone (the rear ones are still holding it in place - albeit on a bit of an angle), and it has resisted all attempts to find a way to press up from underneath it to clip them back into place. Every time a window is opened or closed, I'm worried there will be a small pop, and the entire switch panel will disappear into the nether regions of the centre console never to be seen again.

I've taken off the side cowling as per a youtube video I found, but the top panel of the console just will not come off. I've had bleeding finger tips from the attempts to remove it, and can't see anywhere I could push up a rod or anything that would have a clear path to the back of the window switch panel.

Is there some trick I've missed about how to get the top panel off, or some other way to approach the problem. If I could only get to it, it seems a simple enough thing to fix in a moment...

Thanks in anticipation

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
There is no trick, the top panel just clips in.
Use a trim tool to gently lever it up. Work from the back corners, it'll come out.

Pcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Omega LPG
Use a trim tool to gently lever it up. Work from the back corners, it'll come out.

I had been using fingers and screwdrivers, but cautiously with the latter for fear of damaging the trim. Perhaps I'll have to call past SuperCheap to get a proper trim tool.

Cheers.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Cheaper on eBay, if your willing to wait for postage.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This guy annoys me, but, never the less.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
This guy annoys me, but, never the less.

"Dash Conversation" lol.

Don't know why he is talking about pushing down the side trim.

Trim removal tool, starting from the rear and up she comes.