Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window Cleaning

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I couldn't find a relevant section to post this.. however..

What are peoples best methods for cleaning windscreens/rear windscreen/windows? Especially the hard to get gaps near parcel shelf/dashboards?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Window cleaner & a couple of micro fibre cloths.

Spray the cleaner on, wipe off with the cloth. Some prefer to spray the cleaner onto the cloth so the spray doesn't go everywhere else, wipe over the window and dry with the other cloth.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
+2 for Stoner Invisible Glass.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
What are the benefits of alcohol free ?

+1

I thought alcohol based would be ok as alcohol evaporates so fast. Or is it a residue thing?

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
I find my windscreen is best done with just a dry microfiber cloth (the inside at least).

most of the others and external WS I use an alcohol free window cleaner and mf cloth.

I'm currently using Stoner Invisible Glass, works well.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/stoner/stoners_invisible_glass

Do you know if this is available from Supercheap or Repco ? or only online at the link ?

There's a few things going under the general name of 'Microfibre' now too. I find the more 'furry' ones still leave a trace of fluff. Waffle weave less so but then the 'glass cloth' are even better.

OP, it's a useful topic. It doesn't help the car go, but I like to be able to see out clearly and I like a properly clean front screen.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
What are the benefits of alcohol free ?

if you love your tint don't use common household window cleaners (I notice Windex now promote themselves as alcohol free but I don't really care - the Stoners is more concentrated so you use less) they will destroy your tint over time. Who wants two different types of window cleaner around? Alcohol and ammonia are bad for overspray onto interiors and paint that you just polished or waxed too. :) Supercheap tend to sell the branded low end stuff not sure about window cleaner, CCP are actually closer than my local supercrap! I can walk there, lol. I hear you on MF cloth, since it got popular there are tons of cheap ones available but even the cheap stuff can do the job - it's just more effort required.

I didn't mention it but really dirty glass that has junk on it even after a good clean - some clay will make short work of that. Obviously exterior only.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I clayed the exterior of my windscreen one time and was amazed and the water repelancy of it. Was like it had been waxed.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Chamois, water, elbow grease.