Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window motor/regulator

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
Hopefully an easy question, when refitting the electric window motor do I have to sync it to the regulator for full open-close or does it just rely on pressure?

VZ Monaro if it makes any difference. Reason I ask is that my assembly ripped itself off the inner door skin today (4 rivet things let go, though looked like only 2 of them were actually fitted correctly) which allowed the motor to drive forward on the regulator. Motor moved enough that it ripped the elec plug out which was a good thing as it stopped any damage to the window. I'm going to replace the press rivets with rivnuts and bolts but I can't find anything about my original question.

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
Sorted.
All back together now. Correction to the above - only 3 of the rivets had let go so the reg rotated around the fourth. Ended up using high tensile M5 bolts and nyloc nuts to bolt the reg to the door, not going to come off again. Best part about it was it finally made me replace my broken speaker grill with another that had been sitting in a box for over a year.