Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window Paint

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
hey just wondering if any one knows what that black glossy paint is around the window frames are or where you could get it! half of mine is peeling off and it looks shithouse!

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
same here m8. myns gone all bumpy and flat lookin.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
are you talking about the window trims? if so i think its just rubber/plastic, so any black paint with an undercoat of plastic primer would work.
also, i dont know how far gone your's is, but black shoe polish works to add colour and shine back into the trims.

syndosis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 94 Commodore
I tried a black enamel but didn't prime.. the weather just bubbled it worse..lol
Might try primer this time hey.. thanks for the tip.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
sircruisealotVS said:
are you talking about the window trims? if so i think its just rubber/plastic, so any black paint with an undercoat of plastic primer would work.
also, i dont know how far gone your's is, but black shoe polish works to add colour and shine back into the trims.

I'm going to try that:)

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
myn ways gone so i might just look at a plastic primer and then black glossy coat. also im lookin at the calais chrome window trims. anyone know were youdn get them from and at what price?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
guys if all else fails just get new ones put in only $100 im guessing you are talking about the rear opera windows. i stuffed around and in the end that was they way to go. same for the little rear window on the rear doors.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Where did you get them from? Is it a DIY job? I have been there trying to paint too. I did a heap of coats and sanding and it still wasnt coming up nice and smooth.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
sircruisealotVS said:

Tried it on my car, it less visible but still there:bang: