Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window Problem... VR Comm

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Clubsport R8 - Vespers Blue
Updating yet again....

I managed to get the plastic bits back into the channels, now it doesn't want to wind up or down, I'm sooooo tempted to just get another regulator because it's pissing me off so much. The arms on the regulator are almost bending out of shape trying to get the window moving. I think the rubbers are buggered aswell :-( Please more advice is needed. I haven't had much luck with getting it back into roadworthy mode... I was supposed to get a new exhaust fitted last Saturday but the guy's wife got sick and he had to go away. I mean I'm not pissed at the guy or his wife because people get sick and they can't help it... but I wasted my money getting a days insurance and unregistered vehicle permit. BUT.. thats not the point of this post, better to have a little vent in here than make a new topic about it lol

xx Bec

Last edited:

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Also... the fabric on the door cards on all of my doors is coming loose and has shrunk a bit due to wear and tear and having the buggered drivers side window open lol, I thought it would be nice to re-cover them with something different. I haven't pulled them off yet but are they glued on or clipped on? And do they have a foam underlay or just fabric?

There is two different types of door trims that were fitted to the vr/vs. Some have card inserts that are thermally welded to the trim itself which means that they are not removable. The other type (which you probably have being an ss) has the removable inserts which are easily removed. Once you pull the door trim off there will be some underfelt/sound absorbing material glued to the back of the trim at the top. peel this back a bit and it will reveal 8 metal tabs that simply bend over to hold the card in place. Just bend these tabs back straight and the card will basically fall out then. They do have foam underlay between the masonite board and the trim fabric, but it tends to disintegrate a bit with age so it could probably do with a bit more added to it when you recover them.

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bumping this one up sorry but I'm really getting frustrated with this window, thought I'd update the OR instead of making a whole new topic...

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've managed to get 2 weekends of in a row so hopefully I can fix it this coming weekend. I just need to know how to do it if anyone can help please let me know... pics to help would be a bonus.

Thanks

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
can you get a pic of which bit your talking about? i thought those plastic bits are meant to slide out?then you that the glass out with the channels attached? would be easier to figure out if there was pics

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
I took some pics the other day but the quality is ****, my camera didn't want to focus properly.... this is as good as I can get them. In the first pic you can see that the plastic bits are still attached to the arms but have popped out of the channel... sorry about the blurryness :). The second is of the other arm with plastic attached. The window is sitting at the bottom of the door atm. I managed to slide the glass over to the side almost enough to get them back in but I was quickly getting angry with it and very dirty, lots of silver greasy crap on my hands lol

4785_98181531713_579621713_2471326_6797573_n.jpg

4785_98181536713_579621713_2471327_5060350_n.jpg

I'll try and get some better quality photos later on today, have to go get the engine number etc for day rego/insurance as I'm getting a new exhaust fitted and also getting the extractors resealed on Saturday yay for me! Well on my way to roadworthiness and registration!

*edit... ok the pics work for me hope they work for you*

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
i know ive done it but im not quite sure how, how you got one of those haynes or gregorys repair manuals? they might be the go, i put a windo back into my parts car the other day i just sat it on top of the plastics bit then duct taped the window around the seal XD

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha thanks, I wasn't planning on using duct tape lol. I haven't got a repair manual, my dad might I'll go raid his shed later lol

I was driving around this morning around a few back streets I haven't been on and what do I see? A crashed VR SS just like mine, the front is all messed up, I didn't get a good look at the rest of it as I was driving but I phoned my fiance and he's going to look at it on the weekend, if they plan on wrecking it then I shotgun the front doors and interior! Drivers side window is buggered as you can see above, and in another post you can see my poor passenger side door has a nasty scratch, down to bare metal :cry:... and my interior isn't too shabby but if this other one has better then I'll swap them over. Oh the treasures you find when you're driving around the back streets hahaha