Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

window rubber glue ?

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
My inside window rubber has fallen down inside the door, just wondering if anyone knows what is the best glue to buy to stick it back on, i did try some crap i had hanging around here but it was piss weak.

thanks

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
G'Day Rony, Just my opinion, but the damn things fall off pretty soon after you stick them back on...plus it's a pain glueing them and trying to attach back correctly....also the rubber shrinks and goes hard thru age. I've left mine in the bottom of the door. Our cars are old enough now and have enough rattles/squeaks so what's a bit more noise.
Good Luck.

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
Good day hako, yeah I agree they are getting a bit old these days, i will try to stick it back on though, if it comes off again stuff it then, I had the same trouble with one of my older cars, the guy who put it back on told me not to use the window for a couple of days to give the glue a chance to really set, it worked but don't know the type of glue he used.

thanks mate.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
contact cement, or sikaflex...

but let it cure for as long as you can before you start using it again...

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman....L67 VS Berlina
yeh mine did the same thing i used contact cement MAKE sure you clean BOTH contact surfaces
and it DOES work put it on leave it about 3 mins and push both tegether and good..

mines been holding for 6 Months Plus....

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I've found that 5 minute epoxy works well. Using some masking tape looped so the sticky side faces away from the flocking helps hold the rubbers in place while the adhesive sets.