Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window slider swap with ball studs

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Much has been written about the swapping of worn and broken window slider plastic clips, but I noticed some come with replacement ball studs.

Has anyone used these, or even found the need to use them, or a way of using them? After doing several of these over the years, I can recall the original ball stud was pressed into the end of the arms with flanged heads like a rivet. It would require surgery to swap and something similar to replace, for possibly nil improvement. And if you got to that point you'd just swap the regulator mechanism perhaps. They appear more of a rebuild part rather than a servicing part, which is not required when you can replace for less.

Any thoughts? I was about to order some more clips for another car and came across them.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-...ip-Set-x6-Commodore-VT-VX-VY-VZ-/352168925163

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Wouldn’t see any point unless they were worn down and sloppy but at that point you may as well just replace the regulator assembly like you said