Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

window switch LED

Darkk_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged V6
hey guys...

my front electric windows switch in my vt calais dosnt light up the little white spot (the white ones in the back light up green with the lights are on but not the front) there are LEDs in them i opened it up to make sure but they have never worked since ive owned the car as well as the TRAC and Power button, just wonderin what i gotta do to get them to light up? I already checked fuses and stuff no problems there... Any ideas???

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Mines basically the same, Once they worked now they don't. It's a pain in the rear to replace these lights mine failed.
Might be less of a hassle to just replace it with a aftermarket one, Cheap also just don't know the quality.

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
trac and power buttons arnt too hard. Pull out the gear selector surround trim. and the sides of the centre console, then you should be able to unplug the power/trac control buttons and clip them out. They use the standard globes with green condoms. As for the window switches, id guess you would have to be good at soldering, or get a new switch lol. My rear passengers window switch has the led light out too

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I have had to replace my power window switch in my VT and the light for the drivers window has popped down into the switch :bang:

Also I could only ever find a switch that has red lights, not green and i don't like how it looks in the car.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
I have had to replace my power window switch in my VT and the light for the drivers window has popped down into the switch :bang:

Also I could only ever find a switch that has red lights, not green and i don't like how it looks in the car.

they only come in green, if you want red you have to modify the leds.

Darkk_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged V6
Does anyone have a guide or anything on how to change the LEDs ive just pulled it apart so i might as well change the LEDs to see what i can get maybe blue would look good... any idea how??

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
4 x 3mm LEDs ($5 max) r used in the main elec window switch block. U dont need 2 change the resistor inside unless its burnt out. snip the old LEDs legs and solder in the new LEDs making sure u have the correct polarity.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Thanks for that wrx

Will take a look in a couple of weeks when I getthe VT back :) can't wait

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
blue ones look good, or maybe Im biased :D

denholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Does anyone have a guide or anything on how to change the LEDs ive just pulled it apart so i might as well change the LEDs to see what i can get maybe blue would look good... any idea how??

I havent had to replace the globes/LED's in the console yet..Ive seen the resistors, BUT I have replaced a rear door Globe..they ARE a 12Volt filament bulb...pick em up for a couple of bucks....they are used in audio equipmment as backlights... piss easy to replace...better than buyin a 2nd hand power switch for around $35...and the globe might blow in it anyway...want a different color..use nailpolish ...lol