Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Window Tint and 24" Decal question? :S

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
Hey all i have a vt commodore and i am going to get it tinted in August (when i turn 18)

Recently i ordered a 24" Kicker decal on ebay for the rear window,

I was wondering what are the restrictions / Laws for decals on rear window.

Also would i be better off to wait until the tint is done and i am satisfied with it before putting the decal on? I'm not sure if the decal is applied on the inside or outside of the window yet. But i want to know if it is legal first anyway.

I see utes getting around with the full decal bull horns on the back of their windows that cover the whole window, so i dnt think a small 24" decal up the top will matter? But i just want to make sure.

Thanks,

Links to decal: HUGE KICKER 24" DECAL STICKER CAR AUDIO AMP SUBWOOFER - eBay (item 260722525439 end time Mar-16-11 10:00:10 PDT)

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Shouldnt be a problem with having a decal,it should be on the outside of the window,you wouldnt get the windows tinted then put a decal on the inside how the hell would you see it through the tint?

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
yer thanks, and exactly thats what i was thinking, but i thought would it upset the tint if the sticker was on the inside and tint went over? in terms of bubbling around the outside or something, but i guess ill just wait and see what side it goes on :)

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
You can't have anything on the inside of the tint, usually when you buy a decal the seller asks you if you want it to go on the outside or the inside of the window they should have given you that choice.Put it on the outside I have all of mine on the outside and my widows are all tinted.

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
yer thats what i was waiting for but they never asked so im just hoping but we'll see i guess, and thankyou for the answer :)

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
The legislation states that:
No vehicle shall be subjected to any decal and/or sticker exceeding the size of an A4 sheet of paper. Should the offender be in breach of this, he/she may be punished by way of a "Wanker" branding among other drivers until the decal is removed.

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
haha, That's a good one haha i like it :p But is there actually a limit in size in terms of, If you exceed that size you get a fine?

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Haha yeah I'm just talkin crap.. Um as far as I know, on a sedan it cant be excessively big, as to block vision but not really sure.. On a ute you can do whatever but sedan yeah..

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
:) haha it was funny though :p haha and yer i put it on and it fits on the block out piece on the top anyway so doesnt cover any of the window so its all shweet :p thanks for the help though