Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

window tint and exhuast for vy s II

THOMMO90

bootlegga
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY S II UTE
hey blokes just bought a VY S II just wondering how much is it to tint plus how dark can i go?? also any ideas and cost for a good note for an exhuast???
THANKS!!!

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
For tint, average price for a sedan is about $250-265. $265 down here gets you any percentage you want [5%, 17.5%, 20% and up] as well as a lifetime warranty against bubbles and discolouring.

As for exahust, not too sure, depends on what YOU think is a good exhaust note.

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Mate do a search before you get flamed.

I have 18% tint, excellent quality, easy to see at night compared to cheap stuff, and dark during the day. No it's not legal, but you can be defected for something that is legal, so just go dark first off.

I have a 3.5" sureflo exhaust, sounds deep and throaty on the SS IMO compared to the old popular twin 2.5".

My 2c.

THOMMO90

bootlegga
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY S II UTE
yeah ill look into the tint more as far as priceing goes...
as for sound i want it to sound like a tough 6 no lumpyness just pure roar would i have to get stuff like extractors 21/2 inch pipe and hi flow cat??

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Generally prices around my area for a sedan range from about #275-$350. 35% is the darkest legal but if I were you I'd go no more than 20%. 5% would be my preference.

As for exhaust, there's a thread in the V6 development section devoted to this and has heaps of vids to give you an idea of what different set ups will be worth. Generally people tend to go with a singe 2.5" exhaust with either a hotdog or resi in the rear to give it a good note. Popular brands for V6's include redback and lukey. Expect to pay from $180-$350.

THOMMO90

bootlegga
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY S II UTE
cheers guys im fairly new to this site so i dont know my way around but thanks for advice!!! ill keep my eyes open

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Anyone know what mine is?

DSCF1952.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

FULL SUMMER SUN

IMG_0730.jpg