Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

window tint and exhuast for vy s II

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I'd be guessing 20-25% range

As this is 17.5% in summer (clouds on one side but sun still out):
24-11-08_1250.jpg

Your first two do suggest it's dark though, but that could just be because it's a silver vehicle. My tint doesn't have that sort of effect because it's black, blends better, easier to explain it must look dark due to being a black vehicle to police. For example (black on black):
24-11-08_1244.jpg

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
yeah i have been told by a few people its illegal. Its very annoying though. I think there are two layers of tint on the back and it is blurry. Im use to it but everytime i drive another car i get a shock at how well you can see.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
35% is the darkest legal but if I were you I'd go no more than 20%. 5% would be my preference.

FIVE PERCENT?!? do you even look out your windows at night?
I've got 35% on the ute, cost me $150.
I take my hat off to the people with less than 20% - it's hard enough to see out of 35% whilst reversing at night.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
one_and_only2004, it's not actually that difficult. If you get a proper film from a member of "The Window Film Association of Australasia and New Zealnd" (AKA wfaanz) your tint will be better to see out of through the inside, but harder to see into.

E.g. take a look at these two pics of my 17.5% tint:
10-01-09_1728.jpg

And the outside:
10-01-09_1725.jpg

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
imo 35% is a waste of money. That's what's on the berlina and it only marginally makes the windows darker from the outside. I'll never go anything more than 20% from here on.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Your insurance company, that's another story, but they're usually pretty good, from what i know they've paid out on vehicles with heavy tints. And i havn't had any trouble from the blue and red with my tint. First guy pulled me over within a week and commented no p plate but no mention of it being dark. The other cop who got me for speeding didn't mention it either, just mentioned my front tyre was getting low on tread.

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
just because ur ute is the hottest one out doesnt mean you need to put my photos to shame!

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Comparing 35% with 17.5% there's a BIG difference though. 35% to me is fairly useless, you can see into vehicles fairly easy still!