Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window Tint - Midnight Express

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
Thanks for the info guys. Will probably book it in with tint a car tomorrow. had a look Tint professor but it looks like he i sonly in VIC & im in SA.

Cheers,
Mav

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Oh right, sorry forgot about that :( Well, i guess $295 is still a fairly good price then! :)

Comment when you get it done, maybe some pics too? :p

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
tahts an awesome price i got my ute done the other day and it cost $275 for the windows, quarter windows and back window but i think i still got ripped

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I think mine cost $230 from tints-r-us, I wanted darkest legal and he said he could do it darker but no, I insisted on legal... don't want to leave anything up to chance. Comes with lifetime warranty and they did a bloody good job, just note that sometimes places will tint over stickers which happen to be on the back quarter windows or whatever so you may want to get them off with a razor before the job gets done (or just ask them), wifes car has the tint over the security system sticker designed to scare 90's thieves.

Oh and don't clean the tinted side with windex, apparently it'll destroy it.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Yes, no windex on tints. It's best just to use a lint free cloth. Or at worst armor all that isn't amonia based.

As for stickers, good places will remove them first as part of it!

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
On Main North Road there's Complete Windscreens I think it is, I've had 3 cars done there and haven't had any problems so far.

The VE was done shortly after getting it, from memory that was $210 or $220 in whatever percent you were after.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
On Main North Road there's Complete Windscreens I think it is, I've had 3 cars done there and haven't had any problems so far.

The VE was done shortly after getting it, from memory that was $210 or $220 in whatever percent you were after.

They did a terrible job on my VN and a terrible job on my nans Mazda 121. To the point I had to take it to Auto Perfection further down on the other side of the road and get them to re-do it all.

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
Hi all, have trawled the search function but most of the posts on this were fairly old, so just wanted to see if anyone had any new info. Am looking at getting my VY tinted at Tint a Car with Midnight express (darkest you can legally go). They have quoted me $295.00 for the entire car. Reasonable?? I am in SA so if anyone knows anywhere else that does good quality dark tinting some numbers would be handy.

Cheers

I went 5% on my ute and you cant see through the windows at all, what we did is put 2 layers of tint on, looks magic. O.K. its note quite legal but what mods are these days. :whistling

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
How many guys with 5% tinting get looked at by the cops? Do they even care? More to the point, would they care if it were a P platers car?

mastadd

Reaction score
Website
www.classicskylinesaustralia.com
Members Ride
Vu Spac Ute
I went 5% on my ute and you cant see through the windows at all, what we did is put 2 layers of tint on, looks magic. O.K. its note quite legal but what mods are these days. :whistling

he he he 5% :thumbsup:

think around 30% may be in order on my ute, 15% on my other play car