Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window Tint - Midnight Express

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
How many guys with 5% tinting get looked at by the cops? Do they even care? More to the point, would they care if it were a P platers car?

My last car was 5% all round, the wifes 4by is 15% alround and my work van has 5% on rear but 20% front. I havn't had any grief from the lads in blue but then again I dont drive stupid to warrant there attention. I am also giving 40 a nudge though
My new VN will definatly be having 5% tint.
The Excel cost me $200 the Jackaroo $220.

Dazz

100_1310.jpg

kara1.jpg

Vantint-1.jpg

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
They did a terrible job on my VN and a terrible job on my nans Mazda 121. To the point I had to take it to Auto Perfection further down on the other side of the road and get them to re-do it all.

You didn't take it back? if I wasn't happy I know I certainly wouldn't leave until I was perfectly happy.

Having said that I can't say I've had any problems so makes it a little tough given I have been happy with all 3 cars.

Ramara

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I had Midnight Express applied by Tint-A-Car 2 weeks ago. I'm happy with the tint but am not happy with the 15mm gap on the sides of the rear windows (not visible when windows are fully up). It also has a few pinprick bubbles on one window and what appears to be a cut on the rear 1/4 glass.

I admit I did do a close inspection and worry if I'm being too picky?

They said bring it in and "we'll have look".

Cost was $395 after the $100 off March special.

Here's a photo

Phantom 124.jpg

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
if its not right take it back. You didnt get what you paid for when i comes down to it.
If they refuse to fix it then contact the office of fair trading.

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
Oh right, sorry forgot about that :( Well, i guess $295 is still a fairly good price then! :)

Comment when you get it done, maybe some pics too? :p

Had the tint done today &i have to admit i think it looks pretty good. Am def happy with it. Doesn't look too dark from inside out, but when looking from the outside it's nice and dark. Can really only see outlines and the glint of the silver on the steering wheel.

Will get pics up soon. I still have to upload pics of the VY in the My Ride section. Just havent had the chance to take some good quality pics yet!

mastadd

Reaction score
Website
www.classicskylinesaustralia.com
Members Ride
Vu Spac Ute
i HATE when they leave gaps for the window runners!

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
How many guys with 5% tinting get looked at by the cops? Do they even care? More to the point, would they care if it were a P platers car?

I had 5% on my stato. Only got done after 1 year on a christmas eve blitz. Im on my p plates.

Every decent looking car on the streets had a yellow for weeks. Haha. **** cops. I mean, if i didnt have the tint on for a year, i wouldnt care. But since i had been picked up before for rbt's and things. They never said anything.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
With the really dark illegal tint, insurance might be a worry if you had a bingle!
Something I would be concerned about. Also the safety factor, at night or in certain lights the chances of not seeing someone could be an issue.
I like to make eye contact with the other driver when approaching an intersection to make sure he has seen me, with the very dark tint that is not possible as you can't see the driver. I would stick to the legal tint for the above reasons.