Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window Tint - Midnight Express

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Very good points but my car atm is meant to have darkest legal and it is so clear. This and this being my best examples. No way near dark enough for my liking.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Very good points but my car atm is meant to have darkest legal and it is so clear. This and this being my best examples. No way near dark enough for my liking.

Were they the before pictures?

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
lol.. no. They are the tinted windows. That's what I'm saying, they're meant to be darkest legal but are way to light.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
i had my VP done last week, i used a mobile guy, came around and did the whole car for $200. I went for 5%, looks really nice, suits the older car too i reckon if you go a darker tint. Darkest legal tint is about as useful as flipping down your sun visor, and in my opinion a complete waste of money. There's places out there charging $400plus, for the stuff cause they gave it a fancy name, like Midnight Express... Someone mentioned windex and other products on tinted windows aswell, it's highly recommended you dont use them,use a product such as fast glass, which is designed to clean tinted windows, use this on the inside, and use a glass polish on the outside.:thumbsup:

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
Another option, i dont know wether you can still get away with it is to have legal tint on the front and dark on the rear like my old red VN below. It was legal back in the early 90's. That way you could have a shag in the back in privacy :thumbsup:

thecommodorepics-1.jpg

Dazz

Juztin

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE Auto
Got my 15% today =]

Leave my Window surrounds alone to btw, they will be cleaned and painted soon =P

So if the cops in blue get me for the tint or any of us with darker then legal what can we expect

Hopefully its a bit lighter in the sunlight haha

BTW Teppa Time FTFW

Attachments

• S5001068.JPG
    S5001068.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 3,610

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
Hi all, pics updated in My Ride (VY)....Well will be once approved my mods anyway... :)

White Tiger

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VY Berlina, RB30 GQ Patrol
How many guys with 5% tinting get looked at by the cops? Do they even care? More to the point, would they care if it were a P platers car?

my tints so dark i have to have my p plate stuck to the out side of the window with clear contact couldn't find magnetic ones and i've been told they're illegal anyway.
but i drove past some cops the other day and they didnt say anything bout it but i depnds on their mood and the way you act and drive most of the time i'll probably get pulled over some time in the next month so they can have a good look at the car as i only just got it and every car i get they pull me over to have a look:cops::bang:

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
Got midnight express done today - Tint a car @ Lonsdale $325 for VE wagaon

Attachments

• P1000146.JPG
    P1000146.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 2,121

Fire N Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VY S2 Ute
Tint

Hi all, have trawled the search function but most of the posts on this were fairly old, so just wanted to see if anyone had any new info. Am looking at getting my VY tinted at Tint a Car with Midnight express (darkest you can legally go). They have quoted me $295.00 for the entire car. Reasonable?? I am in SA so if anyone knows anywhere else that does good quality dark tinting some numbers would be handy.

Cheers

Hi i belong to a ute group and a guy said he had his windows done by Complete Windscreens, main north Rd, opposite Hungry Jacks. He paid $150 to have his ute done and went the legal limit tinting he could go. Hope this helps.