Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window Tint - Midnight Express

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
Hi all, have trawled the search function but most of the posts on this were fairly old, so just wanted to see if anyone had any new info. Am looking at getting my VY tinted at Tint a Car with Midnight express (darkest you can legally go). They have quoted me $295.00 for the entire car. Reasonable?? I am in SA so if anyone knows anywhere else that does good quality dark tinting some numbers would be handy.

Cheers

djmenow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Holden Commodore Acclaim.
I just got my VR done here in the West for $310 so $295 is reasonable.

mastadd

Reaction score
Website
www.classicskylinesaustralia.com
Members Ride
Vu Spac Ute
yep for tint a car thats going to be a good job, so price is quite good!

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
I had mine done at tint a car for $295 in midnight express darkest legal.

well worth it i think!

It doesnt seem that dark but atleast its legal.

If theres tint on your car its worth it to take it to them to remove for $50.
I removed my old tint and it took me 7 hours of hard yakka. Whereas they have all the tools ect... to get it done in an hour

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Looking at $265 for a whole sedan tint at Tint Professor [no matter what percentage, darker than legal or legal, or a mix of tints]. I've never had any problems with them. And theres even a tiny imperfection in my rear tint and they're willing to replace it at no cost! I've only noticed it now... like 5 months down the track! And they come with a Lifetime warranty too.

6 shooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VR Executive S2/ Kawasaki zxr250
i got quoted 180 from out west tints over in nz. tint a car was heaps more expensive over here cant remember what though

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
yeah got mine done at tint professor, this is the second car i have got done by them. They do a great job! its whatever tint you want for $265. I also have these voucher thingos quote the date mine was car was tinted and you get trade price for it!

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Looking at $265 for a whole sedan tint at Tint Professor [no matter what percentage, darker than legal or legal, or a mix of tints]. I've never had any problems with them. And theres even a tiny imperfection in my rear tint and they're willing to replace it at no cost! I've only noticed it now... like 5 months down the track! And they come with a Lifetime warranty too.

only 25 year warranty on midnight express

not that anyone would have a car that long

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
LOL, yea, well, tint professor are doing lifetime lol. So if it magically lasts longer than 25 years, it'll be fine! If it bubbles at anytime, they do it again! :)

sxc_sound, Trade price IS $265! It gets everyone LOL. They're just crap! Many people have gone in with them and been told yea, it's just to get customers, hell even a guy that now works for them was surprised at that. Anyways, yea, i've had 2 cars done by them. My first one i'm glad i did, if i didn't the glass would've gone everywhere in the collision! Instead it all stayed in one piece! :) Except for a few loose bits that broke off the edges. But better than the whole window!