Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window tinting on the Northern Beaches?

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
Can anyone recommend a good place to get some tint on the glass around the Brooky area? Have to

decide what's going to look good with the Ivy paint as well....

Cheers John

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
Thats cool - will be staying with my bro over that way so it would be easier, prices are between $150 and $330 apparently the tint can affect radio and bluetooth? or so the exxy one says.

Prolly just a gimmick! Don't spose it's any cheaper for utes - got my last car done at the place opp the driveway to Bunnings Nth Parra a few years ago - can't remember how much it set me back tho.

Cheers John

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
That's the place. They did mine. Can't remember how much it was. It was a gift. But it was definitely cheaper for the ute than the sedans. I'm thinking along the lines of 200 bucks - maybe less, can't remember. But they don't seem to do metal tint anymore - unless they just don't advertise it. Mine is 15%.

The metal tint doesn't have an impact on the radio or bluetooth at all - bluetooth unit is inside the car, so no issue, and the aerial is unaffected by the tint. The only thing is you need to be about 5m closer to unlock the car with the remote if you're approaching from behind apparently. I didn't notice a difference at all though.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
I have used SOLARTINT on 2 cars and found the quality of work and the films available to be very good. Never an issue with any of the work and I used 2 different branches. (Don't select a cheap film though).

Make sure you do a through cleaning job on all the glass before presenting the car.

Solartint have a branch in Winbourne Rd Brookvale.

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
Ok - Booked it in for the 29th October @ Solartint Brooky, prices range from $150 to $210 depending on the tint so I'll just make the decision on the day when I see a few samples. I was at the

stealership today and wandered into spare parts to get a few things ordered, got chatting to the guy there about storage solutions for the ute - told him that $1280 was a little steep for the

storage box on the Holden website - said he could do it for $530.00, they musn't be selling too many! He sheepishly told me that he uses the timber wrapped in carpet in his ute Lol