Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

window winder handles

T

tgolds1

hi all, i'm looking for some black window winder handles for my vs. did the later models come with black interiors (and manual windows)? also would i be able to get different makes (ford, toyota etc..) that would fit?
Cheers

volotre

Reaction score
Members Ride
As often as possible
My wifes VS has dark blue winder handles. Most i've seen are this colour although there may be black ones out there.
I'd say your chances of finding ones to fit from a different model car altogether are pretty high.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
u should just spray the ones u got now with black vinyl paint. Make sure u prep it up properly and put a few coates on so it lasts, but will look good once done i would think.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
my old work had VT/VX acclaims, had black plastics, so yeah they do exist
and the winders will fit your car, but they are chunkier and look wierd with VR/VS winders on other windows

T

tgolds1

yeah i got a mate that works at holden and he can get me some for six bucks each, not sure what model they come off but. i tried dying the ones i got but it came off after a while. think i'll just buy them

syndosis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 94 Commodore
Hey tgolds1.
would it be possible to source some black ones through you then ? I have painted mine but not very well wearing. I could organise payment for the 4 but would need to have them posted to South Australia ?
Can we work out something. Message me if you could thanks.
Would a few clear coats make much difference in how resistant the handles are to bumps etc ?

cheers

T

tgolds1

syndosis said:
Hey tgolds1.
would it be possible to source some black ones through you then ? I have painted mine but not very well wearing. I could organise payment for the 4 but would need to have them posted to South Australia ?
Can we work out something. Message me if you could thanks.
Would a few clear coats make much difference in how resistant the handles are to bumps etc ?

cheers

hey sorry it took so long to write back i hadnt checked this site in ages. i initially painted mine with vinyl paint but it wore off really quickly. i got told to use shoe polish but havent tried it yet. i reckon a few clear coats should work. the handles i found at holden were not black. they said they were black but more of a dark grey colour. im not sure what im going to do with mine yet. cheers

syndosis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 94 Commodore
Howde.
No probs on reply mate.. Had forgot I had posted actually..lol

cheers