Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window Winder

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
I had to drill 5mm slots above and below the original hole to get it to work correctly on the Regulator Guide Rail
The front bolt had to go up about 5mm and the back one down about 5mm but it work properly now.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I'll have to remember this trick for my vh...thought it was the non-genuine winder,just couldn't get it 100%

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
I think that is part of the problem, non genuine winder. They are flimsy in comparison to the original one

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
This is all based around wear and tear of all the sliding components, the bailey channels and the white nylon sliders in the glass channels.

They were all perfect from new without cutting extra slots so one has to look and see what's worn down to give extra clearance and thus have the front of the glass hang downwards.

The answer is all the friction parts.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Like I mentioned i think, its weird because i removed my reg and compared it to a new one and i saw virtually no wear on the slides. Yet they are fine from the factory. The aftermarket regs are definitely not as rigid as a gen unit. I wasn't able to buy a gen one when i went looking. Not sure if the slides can be replaced or if they can even be bought.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
This is all based around wear and tear of all the sliding components, the bailey channels and the white nylon sliders in the glass channels.

They were all perfect from new without cutting extra slots so one has to look and see what's worn down to give extra clearance and thus have the front of the glass hang downwards.

The answer is all the friction parts.

Disagree, it's the crap quality reproduction regulator assemblies.
We had a VS sedan we owned from new. The drivers window reg failed in 2014 so I had to buy an aftermarket unit.
Fitted without any modifications the window had no hope of aligning in the opening.
I think I ended up slotting one of the guide rail bolt holes about 20mm to get the window to fit right.
Unfortunately the stress on the crap quality reg broke some spot welds so I bought a different brand reg from All Crash Parts.
This one was better quality and aligned the window in the frame better. Still not as good as the OEM reg but OK.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
white nylon sliders available

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Disagree, it's the crap quality reproduction regulator assemblies.

I'm not referring to the cheap Chinese crap, I only fit genuine stuff, so please read the whole lot properly Dave.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
I'm not referring to the cheap Chinese crap, I only fit genuine stuff, so please read the whole lot properly Dave.

Ok, I hadn't read all your posts from the start so point taken.
I would have and wanted to buy a new Genuine Holden manual regulator however I was advised they were NLA so I was stuck with buying the Chinese crap.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
All good Dave,

I had to buy a brand new RHF regulator some 6 years ago when the one in our Acclaim decided it wouldn't shut off when it reached the top.

It just kept pushing and pushing until it sheared 3 of those large securing rivets right off the inner door panel and mangled itself.

Man did it go off with a gun shot Bang inside the car and the wife was deaf for nearly a week.

Back then the new reg was around $250 at trade price from "Motor Traders" in Adelaide (Coventrys in Perth)