Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windows down or AC on?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
What do you prefer? SWMBO and I had a "discussion" last night about this.... I'm a windows down and air in my face kind of driver. But she is a window up and AC on. I don't just mean in the summer either.... middle of winter, climb into her VT and BAM! Climate Control is on 17 with AC running. Don't get me wrong, I can cope with the cold, I lived in Alaska for crying out loud but damn girl! That shits cold! And the fuel? (I've noticed it does make a difference on the instant gauge in the VT LS1)

When it gets really hot, yeah, I'm an AC kind of guy but I driver nearly everywhere with a window down and often sunroof open.

How about you?

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I used to be a windows down man in every other car I've owned but the ve has some intense buffeting wind noise at all speeds which gives me a serious headache. So I am now an AC man.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
short drives: window down
longer drives (and after I put window up): A/C on.

all temperature depending and location.
generally at 80+ kph window goes back up.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Windows go down???? The only time I put them down is in the drive through. Oh and when mr plod is tapping on the window.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
in cars at work i blast the ac on 18

but in the the cruiser i cut the ac belt off, it has those little quarter windows on the front doors that open and it acts like a big ass industrial fan.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
I only have the window down while i am parked. If a car doesnt have air con, then i just rely on air through the vents while i am driving. Windows down while driving causes me some serious ear pain.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
whats this "ac" you speak of?

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Windows down with the wind in my hair :) unless the kids complain or the wife too much

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
My condenser is leaning against the garage, but that made the intercooler happy. Self imposed 'windows down' dictatorship.

Canberra folk are funny, spring just stormed home with the gorgeous 20's in tow. All of a sudden sitting in traffic with the window down yields an orchestra of one hundred cars thermo fans cutting in and out in unison.