Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

windscreen removal help vn sedan

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
Hi guys n gals does anyone have any tips to remove front and rear windscreens without breaking them i have the front and sides of the seals for the front off and im having difficulty getting the bottom off the frame.

now this particular screen only has side and top seals and the bottom is glued (or whatever they use) so is very tight getting a stanley knife in.

the rear screen i have cut through the top and the bottom no problem but after getting half way down the sides the glass goes lower than the pillars making the only way to cut them from the inside and it is prooving quite back breaking and cramping not to mention my stanley knife hardly does any damage to the seal (ive been using a kitchen knife for the rest)

so i thaught before i get too fustrated and break the two screens id see if you all have any tips to make life easier.

the reason they are coming out is cause im painting the car and want to remove the surface rust behind the seals to stop it spreading under my new paint

Thanks
Adam

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
i have now got both of the screens out without breaking them i found that using guitar strings to saw through the seals worked a treat and after spending hours with a stanley knife it took about 10 mins to saw them both out with the D string