Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windscreen replacement or repair

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon
Hey guys, I have putting this off for a few years purely because I can't be arsed following up the options, car has now hit 160k KMs so I figure it's about due.

My redline has fairly significant sandblasting on the windshield and I'm curious as to know whether others have had this replaced through insurance (Shannon's if it matters,) or have had their windscreen polished to remove most the pitting.

Aware the HUD screens are significantly more expensive and have read stories about people cheaping out and getting ghosting for the HUD.

Appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Can’t answer the exact question you’ve asked … however, if you can do it through insurance then they should be using the correct windscreen & you shouldn’t get any problems.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You can buy glass etching polish and use a polisher on it. I looked into it a few years ago but the gear was expensive and hard to get so I never bothered..

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Shannons use O'Brien's. Make sure the trainee is not the one doing the job. Trainee lost a seal on mine. Fortunately it was found when I went back and the boss refitted it the next day.

Nando.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv redline.
Hey guys, I have putting this off for a few years purely because I can't be arsed following up the options, car has now hit 160k KMs so I figure it's about due.

My redline has fairly significant sandblasting on the windshield and I'm curious as to know whether others have had this replaced through insurance (Shannon's if it matters,) or have had their windscreen polished to remove most the pitting.

Aware the HUD screens are significantly more expensive and have read stories about people cheaping out and getting ghosting for the HUD.

Appreciate any thoughts on the matter.
Hey.
I have a Redline and I have heard that the front windscreen can be expensive because of the BUD but the technician must also recalibrate your front camera.