Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windscreen wash hose

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
shouldnt be to dear, you can get a couple of meters from clarke rubber for about $10.00, just want to make sure its not leaking from the washer reservoir, because that might be expensive.

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Ok , So i've just run some water through and seen where it is leaking.

If you run your hand down the pipe that leads from where you put your washer fluid in, the corner section of the conduit is missing. there are threads there so its obviously a seperate section!

Would this be something that i could get from bunnings?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
So you're talking about the washer bottle hose? From where you lift the blue lid up, and pour the water in, when you do that, water leaks out, Correct?

If so, go to Holden and ask for the washer bottle hose replacement section. If the car is still under the 3 year warranty period, then take it into Holden, if not then you're going to have to pay for it. Cant be too expensive.

NB. They used to supply just the conduit section, but they may have run out of stock. In which case you'll need to buy the entire washer bottle hose.

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
So you're talking about the washer bottle hose? From where you lift the blue lid up, and pour the water in, when you do that, water leaks out, Correct?

If so, go to Holden and ask for the washer bottle hose replacement section. If the car is still under the 3 year warranty period, then take it into Holden, if not then you're going to have to pay for it. Cant be too expensive.

NB. They used to supply just the conduit section, but they may have run out of stock. In which case you'll need to buy the entire washer bottle hose.

Correct, the black conduit that runs from where your pour the water in, run your hand down it and at the bend its missing - the rest is there on either side, just literally the 90 degree angle isn't!

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
We also had a water bottle issue when we got our sv6. But instead of just the hose it was the bottle itself with a hole melted in the side! pour water in and watch it come outon the ground. got the bottle replaced and haven't hadan issue since.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Very common issue the bent section of pipe splits.

Covered by warranty if under warranty still, if not I dont imagine the pipe is expensive and its easy to replace.
Remove the airbox lid for a bit more room
Unbolt the 10mm bolt at the top of the spout.
Unplug the headlight connector to give you more room by lifting the red tab with a screwdriver then pulling the tab out to release.
Run your hand along the piping as far as you can then pull it towards the passenger side of the vehicle.
Remove pipe from the spout taking note which end went into the spout, the ends are different.
Lubricate the O rings on each end of the new pipe with some vaseline or similar
Connect the new pipe to the spout
Feed the other end though to the washer tank, its a bit of a tight squeeze, line it up with the hole then push hard till you feel it click into place.
Do the 10mm bolt back up.
Plug the headlight connector back in.
Replace airbox lid
Fill washer bottle and check for leaks.
Job done.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Ricey - done as you said last night, spot on!

Was a bit of a pain getting to the 10mm with the driver i had but all done and fixed :surprise:

Only issue - dropped the screw and its now somewhere in the engine bay tray.. cable tie until i get a replacement :)

haha engine bays are good at eating nuts and bolts never to be seen again.