Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windscreen Wiper baldes - How to get them off ?

nmldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina Wagon
I want to replace the wiper blades on a VTII Berlina. But, couldn't quite see how to take the old ones off - or am I just having a blonde moment ?????

Any tips ? How is it done ?

Also, any rec's for good quality replacement blades ? Brand ? Type ?

Thanks.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
There is a clip on the end that you squeeze and pull the whole rubber blade out. It should be very easy. I recently replaced mine with bosch refills and they seem alright. I've tried many different brands and they all work well at first but don't seem to last very long before the start smearing again. You will probably need to cut the new refills to size as they are longer than you need, unless you buy genuine Holden but they a very expensive compared to others.

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
nmldb said:
I want to replace the wiper blades on a VTII Berlina. But, couldn't quite see how to take the old ones off - or am I just having a blonde moment ?????

Any tips ? How is it done ?

Also, any rec's for good quality replacement blades ? Brand ? Type ?

Thanks.

If the wipers are still the geniune blades, they have a plastic clip that you need a pick to prize up the tang and slide the clip off. Then the rest of the blade will slide out. Sometimes its easier to remove the wiper blade support of the wiper arm, that way you're not leaning over to the middle of the car, fiddling with the wiper.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
most wiper blade replacements come with instructions on the pack....

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
i replaced mine with the coloured silicon ones.i find they last longer

vyaw2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ute
honestly, how did this make it to a post?
Wiper blades are pretty easy.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
some people just cant work out how to get them off sometimes. theres a few different types out there.

i work at autobarn and wiperblades are a big item we sell, and we also fit them free of charge, as it only takes a few minutes. we try and show the people how to do it themselves.

we even clean their windscreen for them!!

ive had people come back saying they dont fit after they bought them, only to walk out and fit them without a problem.

oh, and have a look at the wiper blade heads, the bit the holds the rubber blade. if your wipers arent working well even with new rubbers, get some new heads. around $20 each, come with blades in them. something most auto shops will fit aswell if you just ask them.

nmldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina Wagon
Thanks

hkmonaro68 said:
If the wipers are still the geniune blades, they have a plastic clip that you need a pick to prize up the tang and slide the clip off. Then the rest of the blade will slide out. Sometimes its easier to remove the wiper blade support of the wiper arm, that way you're not leaning over to the middle of the car, fiddling with the wiper.

Thanks for that. SOunds like thats the answer - I thought so but the little tag is pretty perished and I was worried it would break off. Thanks again.

nmldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina Wagon
vyaw2003 said:
honestly, how did this make it to a post?
Wiper blades are pretty easy.

Well, I've seen "dumber" posts here but am sensible enough to respect peoples right to ask questions before they plough in and risk breaking things. If youve got nothin' constructive or helpful to say, keep quiet. Sheeeez. :ranting:

Last edited: