Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windscreen Wiper Fluid not squirting

2006VZSTORM!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm
are you sure it isnt the end part where it comes out of (what ever they are called)

Had a similar problem only 1 out of 4 were not working, but just cleared it with a needle and works fine again

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
are you sure it isnt the end part where it comes out of (what ever they are called)

Had a similar problem only 1 out of 4 were not working, but just cleared it with a needle and works fine again

hmm i'll have to try that, but its a bit weird that all of them stopped working at once...

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
As the previous posted said,

Clean all the ends with a pin or needle, it actually goes in quite deep. I would then check the lines and finally the bottle.

I once had a similar issue in my VR where the problem ended up being a clogged mesh filter in the wiper bottle. I simply removed it, unclogged and reinstalled - could be a similar issue if you've checked everything else.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
Always used distilled water in the windscreen washer bottle. this stops particle build up in the lines.

Matty621

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 3.6L MY09.5
I have a similar problem with my VN, except mine spray out water, and then it seems to loose power and stops though the noise continues... If you leave it for a while, it sprays out some more... :S i have cleaned the hosing and jets on the bonnet... But i figure since it starts off shooting it shouldnt be clogged?

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
i too have had the washer jets blocked up and also the mesh block up with junk.cleaned them both out and not a problem after that

rpurser

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exec Wagon
my vx did this too, my mechanic fixed it during a service and said it was just a cloged filter near the pump, hence the whining of the pump but no water.