Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windscreen Wiper Fluid not squirting

Bourko77

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss
Hey guys is there a fuse that runs the washer motor?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
yes. Though it’s also the fuse for a few other things, so if it’s blown, there’s going to be some other things not working.

Fuse locations under the bonnet and under the steering column.

wire_weaver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
i too have had the washer jets blocked up and also the mesh block up with junk.cleaned them both out and not a problem after that
My rear washer jet on my VY Wagon tailgate is blocked. I inserted a 0.7mm drill bit about 1cm into jet nozzle hole but no crud came out. I can't figure out how to access the nut below the jet to remove the jet, to clean it thoughly using vinegar etc. I have the rear spoiler/wing removed but the jet nut is inaccessible in the tailgate frame. Pump and tubing are fine because I can just remove the tubing from jet (with needle nose pliers) and water flows well. Difficult to reattach tube but I did with those pliers.
Any ideas to remove jet?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I can’t offer the access information off the top of my head but I can suggest to everyone not to use tap water in their washer bottles. Only use demineralised water to prevent this ever happening in the future.

It’s possible the washer motor has become no good.

wire_weaver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
I can’t offer the access information off the top of my head but I can suggest to everyone not to use tap water in their washer bottles. Only use demineralised water to prevent this ever happening in the future.
thanks, yes I have learned my lesson. Even filtered water is not good because it still contains the calcium and magnesium which precipitate out as limescale
It’s possible the washer motor has become no good.
I confirmed the washer pump is working fine for both its front and rear outlets. I did this by swapping the F&R tubing over and seeing that the front jets sprayed very well when activating the rear wiper, but the rear jet still didn't work when activating the front wiper. So then I removed the rear tube from the pump outlet and attached a hose to it (via a suitable adapter to make it fit). The hose water pressure was so high that it popped the tubing off of the rear tailgate jet and flowed very freely. I then put the rear tubing back onto the pump and it still flowed freely (onto the ground below the tailgate).
This means the blockage (probably limescale) is in the rear jet between the barbed plastic fitting and the fine metal nozzle (into which I freely inserted/spun a 0.7mm drill bit).
Maybe as a last resort I could regularly flood the nozzle with vinegar from a syringe to dissolve the limescale.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Download the factory manual. The answer is in there. It’s easy to find and best one is a Jc post with a Google drive link.

wire_weaver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Download the factory manual. The answer is in there. It’s easy to find and best one is a Jc post with a Google drive link.
WOW !! THANK YOU !!. I used this link to your Google drive set of manuals. specifically page 49 of this pdf. There is no nut holding it in place, all I have to do is allegedly pry the jet off using a flat bladed screwdriver as per below !

1660395371803.png