Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WINDSCREEN WIPERS NOT WORKING ON FASTEST SPEED

KateB

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ COMMODORE LUMINA WAGON
Hi All,
I have a 2005 VZ Commodore Lumina wagon, and for the past year or so, whenever I need to use the windscreen wipers, they work fine on intermittent, and the slower regular speed, but when it is a heavy downpour, and I try to put them on the fast speed, they simply stop working, and freeze wherever they were while working on the slower speed (e.g. midway across the windscreen). Thankfully (in terms of this problem, anyway!), there hasn't been much heavy rain around, but I am concerned as it is obviously a safety issue in the case where is does rain heavily, and I am unable to see clearly to drive, with the windscreen wipers only working on the slower speed.
I have searched and have been unable to find any posts to do with my particular problem. I would appreciate any help people are able to offer.
Thank you :)

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
could be the switch or a loose wire or plug

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
Hi All,
I have a 2005 VZ Commodore Lumina wagon, and for the past year or so, whenever I need to use the windscreen wipers, they work fine on intermittent, and the slower regular speed, but when it is a heavy downpour, and I try to put them on the fast speed, they simply stop working, and freeze wherever they were while working on the slower speed (e.g. midway across the windscreen). Thankfully (in terms of this problem, anyway!), there hasn't been much heavy rain around, but I am concerned as it is obviously a safety issue in the case where is does rain heavily, and I am unable to see clearly to drive, with the windscreen wipers only working on the slower speed.
I have searched and have been unable to find any posts to do with my particular problem. I would appreciate any help people are able to offer.
Thank you :)
Kate that is a concern. It's not common that I know of, I'd be looking at going to an auto electrician. It could be the stalk switch itself, but possibly several other things. When you find out can you please let us know in case it happens again.