Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiper blade refills

booker_noe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Its a case of you get what you pay for,
Trico are the OEM wiper for your car and in my opinion the best rubber for Australian conditions.
Their catalogue lists the new Trico Tech Blades
Trico Australia - Vehicle Application

Can anyone tell me a good brand of wiper refills? I just put Supercrap ones in mine and will be pissing them off real soon. They leave a haze like covering that dissapears after a few seconds, and sort of "web" a bit too.
I did the ones in my missus' Kia and I think they were Tridon, they seem really good.
I don't like twin blade ones because they can trap crap between them, and I don't want the ones that give a noisy "flip, flap" each time the wipers cross the windscreen and back.
Are Tridon the best? Or are there better or equal quality ones?
Experiences and opinions appreciated.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
your local holden dealer mate, probably going to cost about $5 or $6 each retail

agree, go to holden they give the best bit, never had a problem with them either.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Thanks guys, I did end up going to Holden and got AC Delco for about $8. They also had some other "genuine" ones for over $20, but the AC Delco are now fitted and are reasonably good, definately better than the "SuperCrap" ones!
I have a habit of going to Auto accessories stores, but should try ringting around a bit more first. Bt the way, like I posted in another thread, I priced a pair of O2 sensors at Holden and the bloke said they are over $400! Some things are better to buy the non genuine I think.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Jeez,I got two genuine 02 sensors for my VS ecotec from my local holden dealer a while back and they were around $70 each..

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Jeez,I got two genuine 02 sensors for my VS ecotec from my local holden dealer a while back and they were around $70 each..

Yeh, I told the bloke at Holden that I could get them elsewhere for half that price and he said "Oh but these are especially for VY" crap, crap. I think different Holden dealers' parts vary in price greatly judging from other posts I've read on JC. I just noticed that you're in Tamworth, which could not be much more off the beaten track than Bundaberg, so I can't understand why prices can differ so much.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
^^^^hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah^^^^^^^^^^^ Scouring pad lol.