Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiper blades, right and wrong way.

locoman

locoman
Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WK Statesman
I have had someone tell me that my wiper blades are on backwards!!!!!
He never explained and I was busy at the time thinking if they are its an easy fix.However I could not see what he meant, and I have fitted new blades now anyway, and now my mate says that someone told him that his were on backward as well.

So my question : can they be put on backwards, or wrong, or whatever, they seem to work fine.
Seems a sillly question.:bang:

Magifil

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VS Series III Caprice
The clip is supposed to be on the bottom of the arm so as to stop the blade sliding out. If it is at the top of the arm and comes loose, it could slide out and get flung off ,scratching your windscreen in the process.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
^^^ exactly as above. If you buy decent blades eg trico brand or the like, then they will tell you this fitting procedure also. Quite simple and easy to understand.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
long one also goes on the passenger side.

Robbo5390

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
They definitely can, i put mine on the wrong side. You know when you do it though cos it mades the most awful sound, I have a nice 5cm scratch on my drivers side window where the metal base of the wiper was grinding.

GIJoel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
You know that little triangle up the top of the windscreen that the wipers don't reach? I have one at the bottom too, is that normal? I've never noticed it until I put new wiper arms on cos the paint of the last pair was flaking (happens to all VT, as well as the spoiler! Oh why Holden whyyyyyy?! Haha

Last edited: