Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wipers suddenly not working?

koankoan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke VE Omega
Hi there,

So I have a 2014 VF Evoke, and my front wipers just stopped working altogether overnight.

The first thing I did was replace the 2 relays in the engine fuse box, didn't work.

I have a new wiper motor, didn't work.

When I hit the wipers on inside, I can hear the click from the relay's but nothing to the motor (either of them).

I have checked the the 4 pin plug with my multimeter, the far right one (thin brown wire) - I would have to check the wire number - shows a steady 12v when the ignition is on (first an second phase), but nothing on the others (minus the ground).

Please can someone advise, this is driving me mad, I have no idea where or what to look for next, there has to be something I am missing.

Thanks

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
Does this help?

Attachments

• VF Wiper.jpg
    VF Wiper.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 1,007
  • VF Wiper2.jpg
    VF Wiper2.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 1,582

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Have you checked that all plugs are securely attached and none of the wiring has been crimped or shorted out against body parts. Also with aid of a multi meter or trouble light check for current flow on wiper wiring etc.

Eterno

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS 2015 Wagon Vf V8
Is it still under warranty ? I would be pissed, the car is only 3 yrs old ?

koankoan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke VE Omega
Have you checked that all plugs are securely attached and none of the wiring has been crimped or shorted out against body parts. Also with aid of a multi meter or trouble light check for current flow on wiper wiring etc.

You wouldn't know where the wiper wiring comes back to inside the dash area would you? Does it connect to any other fuses? I have checked both relays and the 30a fuse in the engine fuse box.

The wiper motor plug shows that it receives steady 12v when the ignition is switched, but the wiper slow and wiper fast pins receive no power when the wipers are activated? So other than the relays specific to that function, I'm not entirely sure what sits between those relays and the motor... the relays do click.

Is it still under warranty ? I would be pissed, the car is only 3 yrs old ?

Unfortunately no, it's just went over the 100k mark a few months back.