Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wireing Subs Parellel

B

blowski

Hey guys i have 2 4omh subs in my car and i was to wire them in parallel so that they are a 2 ohm load on the class d amp i have the question i have is...

Can i just connect both +'s from each sub straight onto the amp +'s and the visa versa for the negitives or do i have to connect the 2 positives before the amp by like spliting the wire or whatever? Experiance please!

jds303

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VS EXEC S2
yes, that will be fine. parallel connection is where the positives of the drivers are connected to each other then the amplifier (ie one wire from the amp to one of the drivers + terminal, then from that terminal to the other drivers + terminal), or both to the amplifier directly (ie each drivers + terminal individually wired to the amplifiers + terminal), and the same with the negative terminals of the amp and drivers. both are electrically the same, and will achieve the desired result.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
both will have the impedance of the subs VCs but the more practical way is usually to just use a terminal cup and wire the subs VCs to that and then have one wire from cup to amp terminals. just a bit cleaner and easier (also means you can use bigger gauge speaker cable for bigger wank factor if you're in to that sorta thing.).