Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wireless Charger upgrade/replace old factory unit with pics

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
those cigarette lighter chargers don't pump out enough watts to run that QI charger. You need 2500ma @ 5v
The buck converter I posted will, you just need a multimeter (to set initially set the output voltage to 5.00v) and a soldering iron to hook it up.

Jack GS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 Buick Regal GS
I bought that Carqi Wireless charger for my Regal and it will fit the Commodores too. The consoles are the same, you guys just have a lid over the cupholder and we don't. The whole cup holder assembly is replaced by this product.

I did not plug in the wireless portion... I just wanted a better place to put my phone cause it doesn't fit well in the cupholder. Kind of a pain to install and the fit isn't perfect, but I like it.

https://buickforums.com/forums/threads/car-qi-wireless-phone-charger-product-review.65666/

rockets84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
I bought that Carqi Wireless charger for my Regal and it will fit the Commodores too. The consoles are the same, you guys just have a lid over the cupholder and we don't. The whole cup holder assembly is replaced by this product.

I did not plug in the wireless portion... I just wanted a better place to put my phone cause it doesn't fit well in the cupholder. Kind of a pain to install and the fit isn't perfect, but I like it.

https://buickforums.com/forums/threads/car-qi-wireless-phone-charger-product-review.65666/
It was that post of yours on the Buick forums where I found about about the Carqi in the first instance. I had seen where you did say you hadn't connected it though but I do understand why. I was looking into the GM upgrade module to get the wireless charger to work with my iPhone 12 but the rubber for integrated slot in the arm rest area would still need to be modified as it's far too tight. The Carqi is cheaper than the GM module and like the placement for the phone on the Carqi.