Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wireless phone charger under AC controls

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Will a phone fit flush to the coil in this situation? I'd guess that it would need to be Level with the front lip of the storage area.

It would depend on the size of the phone but the phone does not really need to sit level it just needs to be close enough to the coil for the charger to detect it.
Some charger and phone combinations allow more distance than others so it would be trial and error.

They are as slow as buggery when plugged into an AC wall adapter let alone a car power outlet.

It depends on the type of wireless charging that is being used.
If it is the now deprecated pma or the "low power" qi then yes it is slow as hell.
If it is the fast charge or "medium power" variants then it is alot faster and it is almost as fast as the wall charger depending on the charge configuration.
Samsung has a "fast charge 2.0" configuration for the s10 and it is not much different to using the wall charger.

I would expect that soon wireless charging will end up charging alot faster than wall charging once they figure out how to charge the battery faster without destroying it because the wpc has shown that the qi "high power" variant can push out 1kw of current.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ Yes there are proposals for wireless charging of electric cars but such inductive coupling systems aren’t as efficient as wires even though they may be designed to be as fast.

@Matt SS-V as to adding a fast wireless charger to your VF, space wise it would fit if the samsung unit I have is anything to go by. You may need to take a little bit out of the rubber cover to ensure the phone fits flush with the top lip of the rubber and is also flush with the charger. But any phone longer than an Galaxy S6 will start to be too long to place in front of the gear lever.