Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wireless reverse camera issues - possibly wiring?

INMYHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Clubsport
Hey crew,

I've gone and bought myself one of those GPS/wireless reverse camera packages of ebay. When i first wired it up in my VT, it worked fine (red wire from camera/transmitter to green reverse light and black wire to earth). Problem is that the GPS/screen gradually stopped switching over to the reverse camera when i put it in reverse ie it would switch over 9 out of 10 times then gradually 5 out of ten times and now doesn't switch over to the camera input at all). At first i thought the wireless camera transmitter shorted it self from water leaking into the boot lid/behind garnish (where i mounted the transmitter).

So I went and bought a new camera and set of wireless transmitter & receiver. After installing the new camera, I still have the same problem with the screen not switching over to the camera when in reverse. I've tested my wiring as when reverse is engaged, the reverse light comes on and so does the power light on the camera's transmitter (although the colour of the light is blue and i thought t would be red to match the colour of the light on the receiver).

Anyone got any idea at all as to what the cause of the problem could be? I'm thinking that the input (Av in) on the GPS screen unit is busted or something?

I'm stumped with NFI as to why it won't work? HELP PLEASE before i reverse into a pole or an old lady or something!

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
I guess one way to test it is to hook the AV in line up to a TV and test if that correctly displays the camera vision. At least that helps to narrow it down.

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
^^ This. Or plug a different source into the head unit video in for the reverse camera, and see if it switches.

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
Not an answer however I would suggest that you just cut your losses. Wireless reversing cameras are useless. Get a wired one and you shouldn't have any problems for a while.