Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring 2 speakers and sub to 1 amp

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
Hey guys I have a 4 channel amp running a 12 inch sub in the boot of my VS. I would like to wire up the rear speakers to the amp as well, is this possible and how should I wire the speakers eg. In series or parallel?
Cheers

ReillySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
I assume you mean 2 sets of speakers correct? So your trying to run 4 speakers and a sub off a 4 channel amp?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Wire the 2 speakers to two channels and wire the sub bridged over the other spare channels. Read your amplifier's manual to see how to bridge it and if your sub is suitable to allow you to bridge the amp. We'd be able to answer these questions already if you provided some decent info in your posts, like what products you own.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have a 12 inch kicker comp sub, an option audio class D amp and they are 6 inch kicker speakers. All I know about the speakers is that they are high watt and ohm. Sorry not much info

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
wtf is high watt and ohm? Why don't you go and write down the model numbers? Stone is trying to help you and your giving him nothing to work with and expecting answers.

Have a look at your amp you will see a pair out outputs not being used, the sub is using two of them (bridged to one) so just hook the speakers up to the remaining 2. If your not confident doing that you better take it somewhere.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
All I want to know is should I wire the speakers in series or parallel? It is a answer surely he didn't need to know what stuff I have. I'm not having a dig or anything I am great full for the help as I don't know anything about audio stuff. Thanks guys.

Now should I wire them in series or parallel?
Cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
9th Consecutive Commodore: VEII
Dude. Nothing in series and nothing in parallel. The speakers all connect directly to channels on the amp.

If you're asking how to bridge the two channels for the sub, you normally just use the outside terminals. Sometimes you need to short the other terminals too.