Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring a Trailer lights (help needed)

Freshjivin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2/ VT SS
Hi guys,

A mate just bought a set of lights for his trailer which came with a wiring kit but none of the wires are connected, just wondering if anyone has some hints/tips or knows how to wire it up? It's got a 7 pin connector at the end but not sure which colours go where, or if i need to strip back the plastic to slot the wires in etc and to where so any help would be appreciated. Just wiring this onto a 6 by 4 trailer if that helps too.

Thanks in advance.
J

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Here's a Narva diagram. Should be all the same.

7pinlargeround.jpg

Freshjivin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2/ VT SS
Thanks for that mate, helped a heap when sorting out the colours etc, the wiring kit only came with a 9m cable, do i cut a piece off to run from the right hand light to connect to the left light which goes back to the 7pin connector? Sorry but i'm quite new to this and would rather try this myself than pay $200+ for someone else to do it, really appreciate your help

revinR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yes you`ll have to join them some how. Just make sure you leave enought lead at front to allow for turning etc before you cut it or got to auto elec and buy x amount of cable. You`ll also find that the 7pin flat plug when you unscrew it is labelled inside as to what wire screws into which spot.

I always strip back about double the lenght needed ,twist in a spiral direction then double over on its self ,place this into the little slot and screw down for your connection. Just gives a bit more wire for the join to bite into so gets a better connection. Soldier and heat shrink all joins too

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
a consideration for your wiring;
I buy a second cable run for the trailer and run one down each side. Mostly because I water-proof them for marine use and don't like splices/joins along the line. Also means if there is a fault you only look at the plug or light housing for faults. Also reduces chance of losses through weak / poor connections...

my 2c

Freshjivin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2/ VT SS
Wired up the trailer last night and worked a charm. Thanks for all the input guys, definately helped!

Cheers
J