Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring adaptors

mrvx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
Hi all

Im wanting to install my new JVC DVD player. I have seen around wiring harnesses that plug straight from the wiring already in car to your new deck. Dont wanna cut n soldier if i dont have to. Is there ones for dvd player? And where can i pik em up from?

Cheers Frank

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
no such plug for your model *710*
you'll need to tap into the wires and solder

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS

K Lewy

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L 1997 VT S Pack; 5 Spd Man
Hi all

Im wanting to install my new JVC DVD player. I have seen around wiring harnesses that plug straight from the wiring already in car to your new deck. Dont wanna cut n soldier if i dont have to. Is there ones for dvd player? And where can i pik em up from?

Cheers Frank

Hey bro. Yeah when wiring in CD players if dont want to do soldering, then you have to go to a place liek Super Cheap Auto and get two wiring harnesses. There is ISO Or NON ISO. Non ISO will mean the plug has a plug on one end and wires on the other. Yoiu need to go to the shop and take the Headunit in with you. They will be able to find an ISO plug which will plug into the headunit and have a plug on the other end, then you also get another plug which will adapt from that plug to the plug comming from your car through the firewall. All up the plugs cost aboput $30 Bucks each. So bout $60 all up and no soldering at all just plug the plugs into each other.