Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring Alarm to Number plates and indicators??

ICUBYE

Do I Smell Burnin Rubber?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0Litre '96 Series 1
I was thinking on the drive home tonight that it would be good if i could connect my stock VS Calais alarm to the front and rear number plates of my car and also the side indicators.

I know this sounds stupid, but i have had my indicators ripped off many times before and i have had my custom number plates stolen as well.

is there any way of doing this, like have the ground connected to screw or bolt on the number plate and when someone unscrews it the connection is broken so the alarm goes off? i dunno im just trying to bounce ideas here, any info would be great :)

someone may have already tried this or thought of it let me know as im interested in any idea's.

thanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
anything is possible
put a spring loads wire behind plate so if they stolen blah blah or get one way screws for plates raa do them for gold coin donation at most car parks on weekends wiht the police
they would be a way to wire up indicators but good luck getting the mod done would be cheeper to replace lights once a yr for a few years

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
daron. said:
anything is possible
put a spring loads wire behind plate so if they stolen blah blah or get one way screws for plates raa do them for gold coin donation at most car parks on weekends wiht the police
they would be a way to wire up indicators but good luck getting the mod done would be cheeper to replace lights once a yr for a few years

Those screws are great unless someone has some multigrips or pliers....

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
would a shock sensor help at all ??? I know my mate had it on his VB SLE, lol I would set them off with my subs coming down the street ;)

He put it together from jay car .... So I would assume its buyable premade also lol

D.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
iv always been wondering about those shock sensors. they are filled with mercury and when the mercury moves on a certain angle it breaks contact between two points and breaks the circuit and alarm goes off. what happens if you park on a slope?

fitykemp

VH SL/E 1981
Reaction score
Members Ride
81 SL/E
try a door jam switch behind ur number plate