Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring an amp under the seat

[ASLYVY]

DavidP
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
Hey guys,

just need some info on wiring under the front passenger seat my 2 channel amp for my front splits that are soon to come

any other suggestions then under the seat before i say any more?? lol

i know to avoid interference the power cable and RCAz should b on opposite sides of the car?..how would i get either to come to join under the seat (the easiest or most effective way?)

and also where would i hide the wiring other than the door sills on the way to under the seat?

thanks

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Hey mate, I have put a amp under my sister seat, (only speakers in front, and sub in back) the speaker wires from left of the car run down the left of the car,, same with sub, the right speaker runs along the dash down the passengers side of the console, same with the rca plugs, along the LEFT side of the console, the power wire runs along the RIGHT side of the console then over the bump and to the amp.

And we have not noticed any interference.

All wires go under the carpet where needed, then out a hole cut into the carpet.

[ASLYVY]

DavidP
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
Hey mate, I have put a amp under my sister seat, (only speakers in front, and sub in back) the speaker wires from left of the car run down the left of the car,, same with sub, the right speaker runs along the dash down the passengers side of the console, same with the rca plugs, along the LEFT side of the console, the power wire runs along the RIGHT side of the console then over the bump and to the amp.

And we have not noticed any interference.

All wires go under the carpet where needed, then out a hole cut into the carpet.

so what your saying is you have all your wires running down the middle console but on opposite sides?..what bump are you talking about with the power cable?..

thanks

aaron.blake

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman
not hard just run all your cables and fix the ground to the seat mount and run all tha cables under the carpet wont even know its there

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
[ASLYVY];1035045 said:
so what your saying is you have all your wires running down the middle console but on opposite sides?..what bump are you talking about with the power cable?..

thanks

The 'bump' is the rise in the floor for the tail shaft. But yeah, my wires are running down either side of the console "tail shaft rise", it's not a long distance, so you shouldn't get much interference, if any.

And yeah, as Aaron said, Earth to a bolt on the seat.