Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring An Amp

D

dumpd6

I have just fitted a 400watt clarion amp up an it has high inputs meaning running the actual speaker wires from the head unit I guess most off you all ready knew that. But I have came to a halt I have connected all speaker wires together but on a little piece of paper with the amp it says

CONNECT THE GROUND WIRE TO THE HEAD UNIT FAILING TO DO THIS WILL END UP WITH UNWANTED CRACKLING FROM SPEAKER

What do I do where do I connect this ground wire to I cant turn to the wining manual as I cant seem to find it for either one of them

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
you wanna know where to connect the ground wire?

just sand back a nice spot on the chassis so its nice and silver, then just screw it in with a screw with a washer attached so you get good contact.. that what you wanted?

D

dumpd6

well thats what i though you would do but it says for it to be grounded at the head unit or i will get cracking thru the speakers (its not the big earth from the amp its to do with the speakers)

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
On my headunit it has a ground, sorry dude l can't help you find yours. Best bet is just try what bextor84 said, if that works then you don't have to go stuffing around with the head unit.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
My headunit now also has grounds for every speaker. But the previous one did not. If you connected the wire direct to ground, they sounded like crap. But if you wired it up to the BLACK wire from the head deck that also goes to ground, they worked fine. Try that!

Mike

D

dumpd6

All right ill give that a try. I just didn’t have a clue what they were on about plus I cant find the booklets for my amp or head unit

I guess that would be right if you think of it because the ground wire coming from the head unit if you connect that to the amp it will still be doing the same thing because it will be using the earth from the amp (I don’t know if this makes since to you. I know what I’m on about just cant figure out how to put it into words properly)