Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring an extra car horn

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
Hello,
went to the wreckers the other day and scooped a deeper toned car horn to add to my 91 vn.
I am unsure about wether or not i can simply wire it up to the existing car horn in parallel - so i can get a dual tone honk happening :)
The fuse for the horn is 15a so that allows for 180 watts max, the the horn awaiting installation is an 80 watt, would it be alright to tap into the wires going into the stock horn?
Just thought id make sure before doing it, don't wanna risk any damage cos things seem to break simultaneously around me :p
thanks.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Hello,
went to the wreckers the other day and scooped a deeper toned car horn to add to my 91 vn.
I am unsure about wether or not i can simply wire it up to the existing car horn in parallel - so i can get a dual tone honk happening :)
The fuse for the horn is 15a so that allows for 180 watts max, the the horn awaiting installation is an 80 watt, would it be alright to tap into the wires going into the stock horn?
Just thought id make sure before doing it, don't wanna risk any damage cos things seem to break simultaneously around me :p
thanks.

Like you said, Assuming your stock horn is under 100watts then yes it would be fine to wire it in parallel without upgrading the existing wiring and fuse