Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring Calais Leather Seat ( Drivers Side ) In Ve Omega

ve sportswagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega sportwagon
Hi guys, i've just installed calais leather seats in my ve omega sportswagon, the drivers seat came with the memory seat module and has an extra white plug with 5 wires which i can't plug in anywhere. I plugged all the cables that were the same as my original seat but the seat didn't work at all. After playing around with the wiring i supplied power to the red cable in the white plug and the seat started to move,i can now achieve movement but i have to press one of the memory buttons first (1 2 3 ) or the memory button itself, i can also store seat positions, after a while the seat doesn't work again so to move it i have to press one of the memory buttons. Can anyone suggest something that may help me overcome this problem or can supply a wiring diagram of the seat module and connections, i suppect that i might have to cut the white plug and join some wires togther and or supply another feed but i'm not sure .so at the moment i have to do with the way it is,your help would be greatly appreciated.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Someone may suggest re-programming or replacing the BCM !!

ve sportswagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega sportwagon
Hi, thanks for reply,i dont think re-programming or replacing bcm is required as seat has movement by pressing memory buttons, a wiring diagram would be helpful, i think bcm supplies priority key1 or key2, anyone able to post wiring diagram for ve seat module ? or what the extra plug in the drivers seat that has 5 wires is used for ?

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Hi mate, how did you end up goign trying to get the Calais seats working in your Omega?

I've bought a set of calais V seats and put them in my Berlina. Got no power at all. Can you explain how you got the power to work - ie which wires you cut and which plug you re-wired them into?

I've booked an auto electrician to look at it but they're charging up to $300 to spend 2-3 hours just figuring it out, so want to avoid that if necessary.

Seems to get the memory fully functioning I need to get a calais V BCM and put it in the Berlina and rewire it all up, if that's even possible!?!?

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
A little off the thread... But is it possible to put HSV leather seats into an SS?

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Wouldn't the Calais electric leather seats work with all electronics
Functions just by plugging it up to the power ? Without the memory module ?

As I'm thinking of putting electric Calais seats into my
Omega aswell

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Unfortunately no, they dont. My original berlina seats had a single plug to power the motor. The calais seas have a second white plug with about 6 wires in it which cant be plugged into a berlina/omega seat loom. At the moment i have calais v seats in my berlina but no power. The white plug has something to do with the memory module on the calais seats; it also has a red power feed going to it so you have two power feeds or something, i think the seats wont get power unless the white plug has power to it.

It appears the original poster swapped the red feed to the white plug with his original red power feed which plugged into the omega seat power plug and got power to the seats that way. But at this stage i cant even figure out how to get the wires out of the plugs to switch them around! I tried disconnecting the memory module (it just has a big plug attached to it) but still no power. Going to go to an auto electrician to see if i can at least get power as the drivers side is full electric and stuck in a really uncomfortable upright position!

Love the seats tho, great quality leather and real comfy.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
I was always under the impression if you just connect the power plug to the Calais seats you will get all the electrics working in the seat, but not the memory function.

I opened up a thread a while ago mate and most replies I got you can just hook up power to the seats and use them without running the memory module.

Ill be doing some research on this aswell as I'm Interested to see how to get this fully workings with all electrics (minus the memory module)

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
It seems its definitely possible to get the seats working with power, as the original poster did. Its something to do with running power to the red cable in the white plug, which powers the memory module or something. Eg the passenger seat has no memory buttons and only up/down power, but it still has the white plug and doesnt work with the 3 original plugs that my berlina seat had plugged in. Im hoping to get in touch with the original poster to see how he did it but no response so far.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
How many wires make up that power plug mate ? As could you possibly splice into that power cable to make up that extra white plus just to get the full movements of the calais seats to work ?