Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wiring gauges

SS Manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
Installed the gauges last night, wired up the volts into the cig plug.

Have the oil pressure sender routed through the firewall ready to be hooked up to sensor.

Bought a tee piece adapter from supercheap so it can tap into original sensor also. Anyone know the best way to run the sender wiring loom to sensor in the engine bay to avoid heat and other damage?

Looks like I'll have to jack up the front of car and remove sump shield. I'm pretty sure it's straight forward, anyone run into issues with the tee piece and clearance issues?

Attachments

• Binn.jpg
    Binn.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 695

Red VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red VY SS Series 1
Nice Gauges
Where did you get them from

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Installed the gauges last night, wired up the volts into the cig plug.

Have the oil pressure sender routed through the firewall ready to be hooked up to sensor.

Bought a tee piece adapter from supercheap so it can tap into original sensor also. Anyone know the best way to run the sender wiring loom to sensor in the engine bay to avoid heat and other damage?

Looks like I'll have to jack up the front of car and remove sump shield. I'm pretty sure it's straight forward, anyone run into issues with the tee piece and clearance issues?
Talking about the oil pressure plate just above the oil filter?

Cos I tried hooking mine up there. I have a replacement plate with a thread in it. Which I can screw the sensor straight into most accurate point I read. But I can't fit everything in... There's some hard lines in the way. Dunno if they are LPG related cos I'm dual fuel. May need a right angled piece to make room. Not sure. Have to wait for next oil change to try again.

VYS2LOKISM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CLubsport S2
I have some Binnacle gauges from a VY Maloo S1 I want to install into my VY clubsport S2 they are a perfect fit but not sure if I need to hard wire or plug and play?