Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wiring gauges

unregistered

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 S2
Hi, i have installed some binnicle gauges which work fine. the only annoying problem is when i switch the engine off the gauges stay powered up, and because the oil gauge no longer has a signal it buzzes.
So i was wondering if there is another point i can wire it to so when the ignition turns off the gauge does aswell?

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
you could go straight to the ignition wire from the ignition barrel or you could go to the accessory wire behind your cd player

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
a better pick off point is the +ve wire to the cig lighter plug behind centre console , get get to it by removing the stowage bin under the radio/cd player...

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
Run ure power and illum wires to cig lighter. it will turn of when car turns off where have u got the power wired to atm.

sus_calais

SIR 355
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
I hav a set and am looking to wire them up..was it hard? Did u use a genuine loom or just wire it yrself? Cheers

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
wiring gauges is easy
would defonetly reccomend using the cig lighter power
or even a dead cable under the dash thats their for the calais/other badges

Chrisvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY SS
Yup I got the nice red digital ones from autobahn and used the power from the optional cigarette lighter switchn under the dash. Best part about that is it also has an illumination wire from the lights to. Not that i needed that one but its there for other things if you need it.
As my car is a red ss with a black interior they look pretty good at night ill post a pic if anyones interested

SS Manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
I finally tracked down some awesome full sweep red face gauges (oil pressure and volts) from America to match up with my red ss dash cluster. Will be installing them as soon as they arrive, also got a genuine binnacle with the twin humps that suits the VY, it was fitted to the GTO Pontiacs over there.
Some good advice here about the wiring. Most difficult part I reckon will be fitting the oil pressure sender.
And yes, would be tops if you could post up some pics Chrisvyss.