Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring help install tomorrow

red_spider

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VXii Exec 9C1
Nope...well not exactly.I wouldn't say there "close" there down the center of the car they go vaguely near each other at the firewall only coz of were the power comes onto the car through the clutch hole and the rca's are at the back of the head unit.but that would mean the right would do it too...

I remember I forgot to run a ground from the head unit to the chassis so it would be using the factory one out of the harness

I havnt done the big 3 yet

I'm thinning if unplugging the negative that runs from the battery to the amp and grounding the battery to the chassis (like the big 3) and then grounding the cap and amp to te chassis and see if that works

red_spider

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VXii Exec 9C1
after much playing with it ive worked out that its not the speaker wire or rca's (as such) its not the aerial.i think its because i didnt run a better ground to my headunitas the onein the harness is the factory one.when i unplugged the left rca at the headunit end the noise stopped but when the rca touched the headunit the noise got worse.im thinking if i ground the headunit to the firewall it hopefully wont do it